She's doing pretty good in the car. She was pacing a little bit at first and finally calmed down about the time we stopped for a potty break. Then it was back to pacing until she finally calmed down again.
We quickly discovered that she LOVES hanging her head out the window. We hit a momentary slow patch on the freeway and rolled the window down all the way. Not knowing what she'd do I had a really good hold on the leash. Within a minute she had both front legs out the window, one hang limp down the side of the car, blowing in the breeze, the other hanging onto the window ledge. Mostly she's got her nose in the air getting high off the overload of scents, but occasionally she'd stair down at the ground, almost with a look of, "maybe I could get farther out into this magnificent breeze..." Traffic picked up and we closed the windows, to which we were met with more pacing, though with a purpose this time and several heavy sighs.
Currently she's sitting by the window... waiting... staring... the air is thick with anticipation as I'm sure she must be thinking, "this darn window must roll down again soon! And you better believe I'll be ready for it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment