Sunday, June 24, 2012

Good Night Moon...

Chanel made it through her first night in her new house. And for that matter, so did Jon and I. Surprisingly she didn't whimper or whine at all. Of course, maybe she was so wiped out from all the excitement of the day - long car ride, new home, walk around the lake - that she was too tired to put up a fuss. Then again, maybe Jon and I were so wiped out we were too tired to be woken up by it.

Jon was in bed under the covers and as I dug through our duffle bag searching for my phone charger Chanel jumped up on the bed. By the time I got my phone plugged in for the night she had successfully situated herself right in the middle of the bed between the two of us and was curled up leaning into Jon. We giggled pretty hard for several minutes over this one.

Our saving grace was that I remembered that we hadn't taken her outside for a couple of hours and it would probably be a good idea to do that before bedding down for the night. So I got up and took her out and when we got back into the house I made a beeline for the bed so I could lay down next to my husband. Chanel came trotting in and looked a little perplexed... her spot had been taken... to which she was met with more giggling from Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

Eventually she laid down and surprisingly landed in the bed that we got for her. However, that didn't last long...

This is the bed we bought for her...


Turns out we already had a bed for her and just didn't know it... 

1 comment:

  1. Or is it time for a king size bed? :-)

    Makes me think of the joke - Where does a Elephant sleep?

    WHERE EVER IT WANT!!!!

    ReplyDelete