Oh my goodness... has it really been 67 days since we last posted anything...? So much has happened since then! We left Chanel home by herself for the first time and she helped us redecorate the binds in one of the windows... The three of us experienced 4th of July together for the first time and we discovered that she could fall asleep to the loud pounding of the fireworks exploding over the lake across the street, but the little fluffy dog walking by puts her in a tizzy... she went to her first day of school and didn't steel anybody’s lunch money (and by school I mean training)... she went to her first day of school and made all sorts of new friends (and by school I mean Concordia University in Irvine)... she has fallen in love with a stuffed moose... she had a long weekend sleepover at the trainers when Jon and I attended a wedding down in Escondido... and she continually keeps us entertained on a daily basis!!!
Today we celebrate 4 years! This birthday is especially exciting as it's the first one we get to share with her! We got little cookies that she'll take with her on Friday to share with Taicho and Suki. They almost look like people cookies with frosting, but I promise, they came from PetsMart and said they were specifically for dogs. Enjoy them now Chanel, 'cause you're only gettin' 'em on your birthday!
And she got a new stuffed dragon that has been a really big hit most of the night. Which is especially great, because the squeaker doesn't really squeak as much as honk... can't wait for the night she discovers it at 2a in the morning...
And tomorrow she'll get to play with a brand new stuffed octopus! The other one has slowly been destroyed by both her, Taicho and Suki. It's de-stuffed and limp-less back at Gothic Moon.
We also got her some pretty special treats just for her birthday...
...but the birthday girl was a little pooped out so we'll have to wait till tomorrow for those.
When I first walked into the bedroom she was crashed out and twitching - clearly in the middle of a dream. I even turned on the light and she didn't move. I thought, "maybe I stand a chance to grab my camera and capture this fairly hysterical shot..." However, by the time I went to get the camera she had rolled over and was posing... alright fine birthday girl... but next time I may not brush it off just because you're so cute and adorable... (though chances are I will... even when it's not your birthday...)
Chanel has been a real treat these last few months and we feel continually blessed to have her. We're excited to see what the next year of her life has in store for both her and us! Keep the adventures coming!
Fun pictures!
ReplyDelete